Friday, November 16, 2007

Sharing

I wrote this a couple of years ago after I received a special gift from my brother.. Thought I might share it with you...

A Precious Gift
Brothers and sisters are a gift to each other from their parents. Our parents think they are giving a gift to themselves but in time we all know the true gift is for the entire family.
Who would know that in 1997 my youngest brother would start a project that would later become the sweetest gift he could ever give me. Due to what ever reasons he may have had a the time, he discontinued to cut his hair and started growing the most beautiful curly , soft pony tail you could ever behold or feel, only to find out one day that due to inflammatory breast cancer his sister would one day have no hair.
During a visit from their mother, she said she had a present from Tim. She went into the house and came out with this paper towel, as I opened it the tears came as inside was the most precious gift of unconditional love. Inside was "the" ponytail of 7 years.
During a time when worry, love and caring for someone far away seems all you can can do he thought of the perfect gift to send to her across the miles.
Thank you my sweet brother, a part of you will always be with me and when it is my time to go to Heaven, I hope this precious gift makes it way back to you so a part of me will always be with you. I love you
xoxoxox 11-04
I printed out what I had written and along with a picture of Tim and his family put the pony tail in a frame and it stays near and dear to my heart..
My family is the most important thing to me in this life and I will continue to fight this fight for them, I do feel like giving up at times but then I think about my sister who I love so deeply and who has her own trials and tribulations being a single mom but always has time to listen to me if I am having a bad or good day.. I love you with all my heart Shirl...My mom and dad who have supported me through the good and bad, have gone to every dr appt, ct scan that they could make, have cried the tears with me when the news wasnt so good...I hope that I show them each and every day how special they all are to me....
Have a great day!!

No comments: