Thursday, November 15, 2007

Well its 6:30 am and another night of sleeping 2 hours on and off...I wonder what a good nites sleep feels like anymore its been so long since I had one. I also wonder how come people think that cancer victims without insurance arent supposed to get well. Just for grins yesterday I contacted an online chat with Cancer Centers of America. I have had a beef with them since I lost a very good friend to IBC in 2003. She didnt have insurance and we tried everything and found out that although Cancers Centers of America on tv sound wonderful, they will not even talk to you if you dont have insurance. I was very fortunate to have insurance and I thank God that I did because I didnt have insurance for years b4 I was dx. I guess if you dont have insurance you are not worth saving...

Today is the middle of week 1 of Cycle 3 of my Xeloda. So far I have been fortunate with the side effects. The typical loose stools and tired but as far as the hand/foot syndrome I have had minimal side effects. I guess like any other cancer patient if you dont have side effects you dont feel its working....but who wants them???

I go for ct scans on the 27th, then my parents and I are off to california to see my beloved sister who I miss so very much.. In a perfect world we would all live on the same block:)))

I found a wonderful organization that is called Making Memories Breast Cancer Foundation, they are doing wonderful things for us...I filled out all the forms and had dr. sign his and they granted my wish and sent me some funds and we are on our way this weekend to go bathroom shopping. Right now I go to friends houses to take a bath (cant have a better friend than that) but soon I will have my very own bathtub. Do you realize how much we take for granted.. lol There is so many blessings in the little things we have, sometimes we forget until we dont have them...I know I do...anyone out there with BC check out their site ..See links at right... have a great day!

No comments: